Bronte Creek Provincial Park has multiple options for your picnic location and can accommodate groups of all sizes!
We begin taking summer reservations starting the first working day in January. Season is mid June to Labour Day.
Reservation line: 905-827-6911 ext. 288
There are 1000's of picnic tables scattered throughout the day-use area to choose from on a first-come first-serve basis. We do not reserve tables/ open areas. You are permitted to bring in a charcoal/propane BBQ. Please dispose of charcoal in the designated cement disposal areas. If a picnic shelter is reserved for the day you will see a poster in the information sign just outside the shelter. Any shelter that is not reserved can be used on a first-come-first-serve basis. Park gates open at 8am and close at dusk.
All visitors attending your picnic must purchase a park daily vehicle permit upon arrival at the front gate (no invoices will issued and tallies will not be kept).
Reservations are strongly recommended for large groups. There are 11 picnic shelters located around the park, please scroll down for list of different shelters.
|Grey, Green, Sand, Baseball A & B & C, Tyrrell A & B, Shelter D & F||$150.00|
A $150.00 security deposit is also taken at time of booking. Provided shelter is left in good condition this deposit will be refunded. Customers will be provided with a checklist to ensure their deposit will be returned.
Methods of payment include Debit, VISA, MasterCard or cash. Sorry no personal cheques accepted. Included in the shelter fee is a $13.00 non-refundable reservation fee.
All visitors attending your picnic must purchase a daily vehicle permit upon arrival at the front gate (no invoices will issued and tallies will not be kept). Picnic organizers can pre-pay and pick up daily vehicle permits for their guests. It is up to the picnic organizer to distribute the permits to their guests prior to arriving at the park gate. These permits are dated and non-refundable. Pool is also an additional cost.
For a list of all fees please click here
Groups who make reservations and subsequently cancel their picnic will be refunded only a percentage of their shelter fees, depending on the number of months remaining before their picnic. Cancellations can be made Monday to Friday by calling 905-827-6911 ext 288.
1. For everyone's enjoyment we ask that noise levels are to be kept to a minimum. Sound systems, bands and disc jockeys are prohibited. Excessive noise will not be tolerated at any time and will result in a fine and/ or eviction (no refunds).
2. Alcohol is prohibited in the day-use area. Possession of alcohol will result in a fine and eviction from the park (no refunds).
3. Pets must be leashed at all times while in the park except in designated leash free areas. Pet owners are responsible for disposing of waste.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR GROUPS USING SHELTERS
1. Although grills are included in rental fees, please remember to bring charcoal, starter fluid and BBQ brush on the day or your picnic. It is advisable to bring table clothes and tinfoil for grill as facilities are exposed to elements and wildlife.
2. To help direct your picnic guests to your shelter, organizers are permitted to place posters on the brown board of the park's direction signs. Posters must be taken down at end of the day.
3, Yellow Jackets, wasps etc. are common visitors at any outdoor picnic. Guests should be aware that contact with wasps is possible. Raccoons, squirrels and chipmunks are present in the park. Please refrain from feeding wildlife. Clean up any spills and dispose of garbage in appropriate containers. This will keep our wildlife residents and our human visitors safe.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CARRYING ALL YOUR SUPPLIES FROM THE NEAREST PARKING LOT TO YOUR SHELTER!
WE RECOMMEND WAGONS AND CARTS TO TRANSPORT SUPPLIES TO SHELTERS.
GREEN, SAND AND GREY
- Semi-enclosed with wind barriers
- Capacity 150 people
- 2 fireplaces
- 2' x 4' charcoal BBQ
- Nearest washrooms within 300m
- 15-20 walk to pool
- Sand, Grey and Green have a water tap
- 15amp electrical outlets
- Large fields for family games and sports
- Approx. 1-12min walk from parking lot to shelter. Use wagons and carts to transport supplies to shelter
Green - Parking Lot A, 1min walk to shelter from parking lot
Sand - Parking Lot A, 6-7min walk to shelter from parking lot, closest to the Children's Farm, Playbarn and Nature Centre
Grey - Parking Lot A, most secluded shelter approx. 10-12min walk from parking lot
OPEN SIDED SHELTERS
Baseball A, B, C,
Tyrrell A, B (NO HYDRO)
- Open sided, roofed 25'x65' cement pad
- Capacity of 120 people
- 4' x 2' charcoal BBQ
- Water taps close by at nearest washroom
- Nearest washroom within 400-500m
- 15-20 minute walk to pool (except D shelter)
- 15 amp electrical outlets (None at Tyrrell A or B)
- Large playing fields for family games and sports
- At least 5-10min walk from parking lot to shelters, use wagon, carts to transport supplies to shelter
Baseball A, B, C - Parking Lot A, 5min walk from parking lot to shelters, close to baseball diamond
Tyrrell A, B - Parking Lot A, 6-7min walk from parking lot to shelters, close to walking trails and ravine
Shelter D - Parking Lot D, 5min walk from parking lot to shelter, close to recreation complex and pool
Shelter F - Parking Lot D/F, 6-7min walk from parking lot to shelter, close to recreation complex, pool area & Spruce Lane Farm
FULLY ENCLOSED BRECKON SHELTER
- 4 walls with 6 barn style sliding doors
- Capacity 160 people
- 30' x 70' cement floor
- 4' x 2' charcoal BBQ
- Equipped with a sink and counter top
- Indoor lights
- Nearest washroom within 300m
- Closest to parking lot F
- 15-20 minute walk to pool
- 15 amp electrical outlets
- 5min walk to shelter from parking lot, use wagons and carts to transport supplies to shelter
MAP OF SHELTERS
Questions? Feel free to call the reservation line at 905-827-6911 ext. 288